Knowledge gained from three successful seasons of race-testing inspired the refinements found in this latest generation of the AquaCraft Top Speed. The result is a .21-size tunnel hull whose superior handling and impressive speed have already earned World Championship titles.
- Proven World and National Champion!
- Complete GrimRacer™ hardware package.
Stock Number: AQUB0009
Hull Length: 30 in (765 mm)
Beam: 10.5 in (265 mm)
Weight: 3.5 lb (1.60 kg)
Requires: 2-channel radio with 1 high-torque and 1 standard servo & .21 in³ (3.5 cc) outboard engine
Choose from four hull colors – orange, red, white and yellow.
Top Speed 3 Racing Accomplishments
Before making it available to modelers, AquaCraft designers proved the winning performance of the Top Speed 3. Check out the list of wins below – then start adding more of your own.
| 2009 World Champion, FE Tunnel P Spec
| 2009 World Championships, 2nd Place, FE Tunnel P Spec
| 2009 Northwest Outboard Championships, 1st Place FE Tunnel P Spec
| 2009 World Outboard Championships, 2nd Place, P Spec FE Tunnel
| 2009 NAMBA Nationals, 2nd Place, .21 Mod Tunnel
| 2008 World Champion, Sport .21 Tunnel|
| 2008 NorCal Grand Prix, 1st Place, .21 Mod Tunnel|
| 2007 Spring Shootout, 1st Place, Sport .21 Tunnel
| 2007 IMPBA National Champion, Sport .21 Tunnel
| 2007 IMPBA Nationals, 2nd Place, Sport .21 Tunnel
| 2007 IMPBA National Champion, .21 Mod Tunnel
What updates distinguish the Top Speed 3 from its predecessor?
- The center section has a completely new airfoil design, thinner than the Top Speed 2 and with a flat taper on the top of the center section.
- The tunnel floor is flat, not curved.
- Total width is a half inch (13mm) less than the Top Speed 2.
- Sponsons run flat to the surface and begin to rise up off the surface 12 inches (305mm) from the transom (compared to the Top Speed 2"s 11 inches).
- The 2 inch (50mm) wide pad that runs the length of the tunnel floor is tapered 0.1 inches (3mm) thicker at the back, adding lift at the back of the boat when it"s running full-speed.
- Sponson angles have been changed for better cornering.
- The outside sponson edge is stepped up 3/16" (4.8mm) and out 1/4" (6.4mm) to sheer the water exiting the sponson surface.
- The cowling is an inch (25mm) taller at the transom, to better match the cowl height with engine height.
- The sharp edges at the transom and leading edge of the center section have a radius to prevent vibration cracks.
- The radio box/fuel tank area is now open.
- The transom engine mounting surface is a half-inch (13mm) wide. This allows a drilled and tapped plate to hold the engine to the transom, and replaces the brass inserts used in the Top Speed 2...a better system for securing the engine to the transom.
- The tops of the sponsons have been sloped downwards at the back, creating a thinner side profile.
- The fuel tank has been elevated, improving fuel draw.
- Recovery pads on the bottom of hull are now part of the fiberglass mold.
Futaba® FASST™ Radio
FUTM0045 Futaba S3305 High-Torque Standard Servo
FUTM0031 Futaba S3003 Standard Servo
FUTM4385 Futaba HD Switch with Charge Cord
OSMG1721 O.S.® .21XM Outboard Engine
DTXM2011 DuraTrax® 6V 1400mAh NiMH Receiver Pack
DTXP4085 DuraTrax AC Wall Charger
HCAP3000 Hobbico® After Run Oil
AQUB9500 GrimRacer™ Cable Grease
AQUB9514 GrimRacer Pro Radio Box Tape
AQUB9720 GrimRacer 40 x 52 3-Blade Metal Prop
AQUB9715 GrimRacer 40 x 53 2-Blade Metal Prop
AQUP2230 GrimRacer 30% Boat Fuel Quart
AQUP2250 GrimRacer 50% Boat Fuel Quart
AQUP2530 GrimRacer 30% Boat Fuel Gallon
AQUP2550 GrimRacer 50% Boat Fuel Gallon
Note: For a complete list of required items, see the instruction manual. Ask your hobby dealer for additional recommendations.
Product Reviews |
Product Brochures |
Where To Buy